Do you want to call it salad? Sure, it’s served cold. Do you want to call it lunch or side? That would work, too. This recipe is my own improvisation. If you like crunchy steamed veggies, strongly flavored, you’ll love it. And it’s so ever so simple to put together. All you need to have is stuff in the freezer and in jars.
- one bag frozen green beans
- 1 cup roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1 tablespoon parsley paste, -fresh, chopped is, of course, fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or to taste)
How to make: Steam the green beans directly from the freezer. I like them crispy but be your own judge for tenderness. While they’re still hot, sprinkle a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and parsley paste and mix well using salad tongs. Serve them immediately if you wish or put them in the fridge and serve whenever you’re ready. Below served as salad.