Are you looking for a light and healthy lunch for yourself or your kids? Look no further. Send your kids to school with a perfect sandwich and save some tuna for yourself. Tuna salad on a bed of lettuce is healthy, fresh and good for your diet.
- 1 can of tuna fish
- 1/3 cup of cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- the juice from half of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of mustard, preferably Dijon
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- fresh or dry dill (optional)
- fresh or dry parsley (optional)
How to make: Combine all the ingredients. If the tuna is in water, strain it and a teaspoon of olive oil. Make a sandwich with toasted or non-toasted bread. Add lettuce and tomatoes if you want. You can also serve the tuna salad on top of a bed of fresh lettuce. Perfect lunch!
Credits: I found this recipe at simply recipes.
Update: June 19th, 2012: Here’s another photo of the same recipe. This time the sandwich was made with toasted bread.
Update: April 9th, 2014: Lettuce served with the tuna salad. This is a great meal.