Seafood today! I don’t cook scallops very often but I feel it’s important for my family to have a full repertoire of tastes. This is a very simple and quick recipe that I got from the food network. Very simple ingredients to marinade the scallops for 20 minutes, a quick throw in the pan and you’re done. I used a bag of frozen sea scallops that I had in the freezer but fresh is always better.
- a bag of frozen scallops or about 15 fresh scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for the marinade
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for the pan
- balsamic vinaigrette for the greens
How to make: Wash the scallops and place them in a glass bowl. Mix them with the olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Let them stand for about 20 minutes. Coat a big pan with olive oil, heat well (high heat) and saute the scallops until the become golden brown. About 2 minutes per side. I tossed the greens with a little vinaigrette and served with 3-4 scallops on top. For the kids, I served the scallops on top a bowl of pasta.