Yes, you’ll find my “melinakia” here over and over again. So easy and fun, they make the best snack or appetizer. Get your ‘sfoliatakia’ out from the freezer and get started. If you don’t have ‘sfoliatakia’, get the puff pastry out of the freezer and cut it in squares.
Ingredients (for about 9 squares)
- pre-cut square puff pastry pieces or regular puffy pastry sheets cut in squares ( approximately 9 squares per sheet, 18 total for a packet with two sheets)
- a few tablespoos of ketchup
- 2 big tomatoes cut in small cubes
- half a pound crumbed feta cheese
- finely chopped parsley or oregano
- salt optional
How to make: Put the puff pastry squares in a baking sheet (about 6 fit in mine). Brush ketchup like you’d spread butter on your bread. Put a tablespoon or more of cubed tomates in the middle of each square. Some salt optional. Add a teaspoon or more crumbed feta cheese on top and top it off with the parseley or oregano. Bake in pre-heated oven (390 F) for about 40 minutes or until the pastry gets a nice golden color. Remove from the oven and put the next bunch.