This recipe is a small variation of the String Beans Stew. I know a lot of people, including my husband, that would prefer this less rich version, with no potatoes or carrots and the red sauce being very discreet.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped (optional)
- a big bag of frozen spring beans
- 1 teaspoon dill paste or chopped dill or chopped parsley (optional)
- 15 oz/425 grams can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- salt, pepper
How to make: Saute the onions, 4-5 minutes. Add the (optional) garlic and saute one more minute. Add the beans and give them a stir for a couple more minutes. Add the dill or parsley, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Add a cup of water or so. Be sure not to cover the beans in water. Cook at low heat for about 40-45 minutes.