This is an all time favorite. I can’t believe it took me so long to make a post with this recipe. Mydinnertoday style. Simple, quick, with mussels from a can.
Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 222
- two tablespoons olive oil
- one onion, chopped
- one clove of garlic, chopped
- two cups rices, rinsed – I like jasmine
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 green onions, peeled and sliced
- water and/or chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans of mussels in their juice
- juice from one lemon
How to make: Heat the oil and saute the onions for about five minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add the rinsed rice and saute for about five minutes. Add enough broth and/or water to boil the rice. See package instructions but usually you should have 2-3 cups of liquid per cup rice. Add salt, pepper and green onions. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until rice is soft. Add the mussels, lemon juice, and dill. Give the food a stir and cook couple more minutes until the mussels are heated up. Cover the pot with a towel and let the rice sit and absorb the steam for 5-10 minutes but if you must serve no problem. Serve!