Do you know what’s great about the leek and potato soup? It’s as good in summer as it is in winter. The quality of its taste does not rely on being served hot you can enjoy it all year round. Today I’m serving it with heavy cream on top but you can keep the calorie count low without it and you won’t feel compromised. I originally got the recipe from Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home.
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
- 4-6 spring onions, chopped
- 4-5 cups of leeks, chopped and very well washed
- 4-5 cups of potatoes, cubed
- 6-7 cups of chicken broth (use water and stock cubes if you must)
- salt, pepper
- heavy cream for garnish (sour cream makes a great garnish, too!)
How to make: Saute the onions and leeks for about 7-8 minutes. Add the potatoes and the chicken stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil, lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Puree the soup with a hand blender or a food processor. When I served , I added a tablespoon or so of heavy cream in the bowl. The best garnish is sour cream if you have it.