This soup is an improvised variation of the fish soup I posted back in November. I just realized that’s one of the very first recipes I posted and it doesn’t have a photo. I’lll make up for it in the future. For today’s version, I substituted salt ham with bacon, the onion with spring onions and the potatoes with corn. I also varied the quantity of the clam juice, the milk and the fish.
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 7-8 slices bacon, cut in small pieces
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 bottles clam juice (8 ounces)
- 3 cups milk
- pepper, salt
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 5 Tilapia fillets cut in small pieces (that’s what I had in the freezer from Trader Joe’s)
How to make: Heat the oil in medium to large size pot. Saute the bacon for about 2-3 minutes. Add the spring onion and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the flour for another minute, then pour the clam juice. Add the milk, corn, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until the corn is soft. Add the fish and cook for another 10 minutes.