Nothing big, nothing fancy. A traditional recipe for the family. Proteins, carbs and vitamins all in one. Meant as a reminder. I know you know how to make this or some other variation but, hey, when did you last make it?
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 pound boneless pork, cut in pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 potatoes, sliced or cut in pieces
- 20 or so baby carrots (or 6 regular carrots sliced)
- 1 green or red pepper sliced (I used frozen red and green pepper strips)
- 1 big can tomato sauce (or 2-3 tomatoes cut in pieces makes it less creamy)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal, optional, to put some fiber in the dish
How to make: Saute the garlic for couple of minutes. Saute the meat until lightly browned. Pour the wine and cook a few more minutes to let it evaporate. Add the veggies, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. I added oatmeal to give the dish some fiber. That in combination with the creamy tomato sauce gave the thick sauce you can see in the pan. If you use tomatoes, instead, and spare yourself the oatmeal, you’ll get a substantially less creamy texture. Check here for the less creamy version.