This is an even quicker version of the basic cream of mushroom soup. Take a look and make a mental not for when you really don’t have the extra ten minutes to work on slicing and food processing mushrooms. I just rinsed and patted dry a package of sliced mushrooms, sauted them with a chopped onion, added spices, chicken stock, heavy cream, cook, done.
- 1/2 half kilo or a package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped (better yet 3-4 spring onions)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or twice as much fresh if you have it)
- 1 bay leaf, cut in couple of pieces
- salt, pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups or more chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or flour dissolved in a little water
How to make: Rinse and pat dry the mushrooms. Wet the chopped mushrooms with the lemon juice. Melt the butter in a pot and saute the onion. Add the mushrooms, thyme and bay leaf and sautee for another 10 minutes or until the liquid from the mushrooms is gone. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, salt and pepper and cook at low heat for about 20 minutes. Add the dissolved flour and cook for another 10 minutes.